I am one of the first to try preview samples of the soon-to-launch, Okoko Cosmétiques elevated formulations. Yes, that’s right: boosted versions of L’Élixir de Pureté, Sang Du Dragon, Tomato Lycopene Multi-Purpose Sublime Balm, and Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Les 16 Précieux. I am not one to hold back on good news, so I HAVE to tell you about them! These are products you know and love, made even BETTER. I know this may be hard to believe. After all, the original formulas impressed me so much as samples I immediately purchased full sizes of each one. I never thought they could be elevated because they were already excellent. Well, if I was impressed before, I am in awe now. I am counting down the days until the official launch and, in the meantime, desperately hoping that founder and master formulator Oyéta Kokoroko will take pity on me and replenish my dwindling samples. Find out why!
Okoko Cosmétiques designed L’Élixir de Pureté, Sang du Dragon to be a solution to many skin problems all rolled into one. She succeeded mightily. The original formulation was brilliant and Sang du Dragon quickly became a beloved bestseller—with demand outpacing the handcrafted supply. The original Sang Du Dragon was already a legend amongst those of us who have tried it, selling out each time a fresh batch was released because, in one formula, it solved so many complexion complaints. Although the original was already fantastic, Oyéta has outdone herself with the boosted L’Élixir de Pureté. Take everything you love about this multifunctional healing, hydrating, brightening, smoothing, noncomedogenic, clarifying, anti-aging serum and imagine it working its magic even faster and more dramatically. This new version is going to sell out fast. Personally, I think Oyéta should go ahead and create a waiting list now, ahead of the launch–preferably with my name at the top of the list.
For those of us with “problem” skin, the elevated Sang Du Dragon is an answer to our prayers and a skincare dream come true. As someone with more than my share of skin woes—dehydration, adult-onset acne, inflammation and redness related to lupus, and accelerated signs of aging—I am uniquely qualified to put the elevated L’Élixir de Pureté, Sang du Dragon to the test. What I discovered is an amped up version of the original formula that is: even more healing (e.g., of irritation, inflammation, scars, you name it), acne-minimizing, brightening, hydrating, and anti-aging. The elevated Sang Du Dragon is a brilliant trouble tamer; I have never seen or experienced anything else like it before or since. The mix of skin-beneficial actives in this serum is breathtaking and reflects the handiwork of a true master formulator.
Let’s get to what we all want to know. How did they do it? How did Okoko Cosmétiques elevate something that was already so close to perfection? The elevated formula is boosted with more of the star active Dragon’s Blood and a full 20% Willow Bark Extract for exemplary healing, exfoliation, and anti-inflammatory effects. The result is even more dramatic, more efficient, and more skin-perfecting! The new Sang du Dragon features:
- More Dragon’s Blood
- The elevated L’Élixir de Pureté Sang du Dragon formula is infused with even more of this star ingredient, a tropical resin from the Croton Lechleri tree renowned for its healing and skin repair capacities. Dragon’s Blood contains tapsine, a dynamic tissue-healing agent that stimulates skin repair and calms inflammation. With this newly boosted formula, you can expect even more rapid and dramatic skin healing and anti-aging regeneration!
- 20% Willow Bark Extract
- Willow Bark Extract is a natural source of antibacterial salicylic acid, and it gently but effectively exfoliates the skin without causing dryness or irritation—in fact, it tames inflammation! The generous concentration of this dynamic active makes the elevated L’Élixir de Pureté Sang du Dragon an even more effective acne-fighting formula that will reveal smoother and calmer skin.
Sang du Dragon also contains:
- 10% Niacinamide–a truly multifunctional ingredient that, at this generous concentration, provides significant benefits for aging, acne, and hyperpigmentation
- Cucumber Extract—moisture-binding, soothing, softening, and anti-inflammatory
- Licorice Root –calming for sensitive skin, brightening, powerfully antioxidant
- Green Tea Leaf –an active with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, sebum-moderating, and anti-acne effects
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate–a non-irritating and stable form of Vitamin C—help increase collagen production, and provides skin brightening benefits
- Glucosamine (vegan)–promotes healing, reduces hyperpigmentation (combined with niacinamide), aids skin resilience
- Beta Glucan –anti-irritation, soothing, and anti-aging effects
- Pomegranate Enzymes–gentle fruit exfoliant that boosts rate of cellular renewal
You can enjoy L’Élixir de Pureté, Sang Du Dragon in several ways, including as a(n):
- Antioxidant and Skin-Plumping Serum—Apply to the entire face, neck, and décolletage for youth-preserving, anti-aging care that leaves skin refreshed and gently hydrated.
- Acne Spot Treatment—Used on blemishes as a spot treatment, the serum is highly effective yet gentle and, unlike so many acne treatments, will not dry out or irritate the
- Brightening Solution for Hyperpigmentation—Apply to areas of hyperpigmentation to brighten and lighten dark spots gently yet efficiently.
- Scar-Healing Treatment—Ms. Kokoroko herself used this serum to heal a scar she experienced after burning herself with a curling iron and took pictures that documented the incredible healing she experienced.
- Overnight Mask–Apply 2-3 pumps of the product, let it dry and leave on overnight for the ultimate healing, reparative treatment.
- After Sun Treatment—Use the serum to heal and soothe skin irritated by the sun or the elements.
The elevated Sang du Dragon is one of few products I have ever tried that remedies all my skin issues simultaneously, and it blows the competition away in terms of effectiveness. I feel confident in declaring that the newly boosted Sang Du Dragon is the most versatile problem solver on the market—green or conventional. The elevated Sang Du Dragon is a one-of-a-kind skincare masterpiece that delivers healing renewal to any number skin challenges—all in one luminous formula. If you have skin troubles, do yourself a huge favor and treat yourself to the boosted L’Élixir de Pureté, Sang Du Dragon.
Sang du Dragon Full Ingrédients/Ingredients:
*Water And Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, **Croton Lecheri (Dragon’s Blood) Resin Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, *Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, *Boerhavia Diffusa (Punarnava) Root Extract, Gnaphalium Leontopodium (Edelweiss) Flower Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf, Gluconolactone, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glucosamine (Vegan), Beta-Glucan, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Ferment Extract, Pisum (Pea) Peptide, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Oleoresin, Sodium Hyaluronate (Vegan), *Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot fcf***) Fruit Oil, *Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium Rose) Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Phytate
* Certified Organic
** Wild Harvested
*** Bergamot fcf* is free from bergapten – it has no photosensitizing effects
The original Okoko Cosmétiques Tomato Lycopene Multi-Purpose Sublime Balm was already delicious and multipurpose. With the newly boosted formula, this rich, versatile radiance balm has been elevated to perfection. The new Sublime Balm delivers amazing benefits to all skin types. Mature skin will love the elevated skin-smoothing hydration as well as the vibrant antioxidant protection to prevent signs of aging. Sensitive skin will benefit from the new formula’s supercharged anti-inflammatory effects. Those of us with acne-prone skin can rejoice that the new Sublime Balm is not only formulated with low-comedogenic ingredients but also features innovative actives to keep pores clear and minimize acne-causing bacteria. The color of the new Sublime Balm is still vibrant and unforgettable; Tomato Lycopene and Astaxanthin lend the boosted formula the color of a dazzling deep-orange sunset. I will be the first to say that the original Sublime Balm was a classic, and a product I loved using. Yet this elevated formula takes all the benefits to a new level; the new Sublime Balm is even more effective at boosting radiance and revealing a softer, smoother, more even complexion. The new Sublime Balm imbues the skin with a comely glow and delivers unrivaled skin-smoothing effects, even for very delicate and hard-to-treat areas like the eyes! I have never had skin this smooth!
How? Okoko Cosmétiques has added Willow Bark Ferment and special Oil-Soluble AHA! The result is even more striking skin-smoothing, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and skin-brightening effects!
- Willow Bark Ferment
- Fermentation biologically enhances active ingredients, boosting their nutritional value. Willow Bark itself is a dynamic pore-clearing acne-fighter, anti-aging exfoliator, potent antioxidant, and soothing anti-inflammatory; Willow Bark Ferment delivers all these benefits supercharged with enhanced bioavailability and boosted effects. Fermentation of Willow Bark increases the potency, efficacy, and antioxidant value of this dynamic active!
- Oil-Soluble AHA
- AHAs are highly effective skin brighteners and exfoliators, but they can be irritating and inflammatory. This special oil-soluble form of AHA offers the same brightening and anti-aging benefits of traditional AHA in a form gentler on sensitive skin. This potent yet gentle active provides all the results without the stinging and redness of traditional AHA.
The newly elevated Sublime Balm is truly a powerhouse, also featuring:
- Lycopene from Tomato Oil—prevents the breakdown of collagen, promotes smoother skin, and has gentle lightening effects
- Pomegranate Sterols— increases hydration, moisturization and enhances barrier function
- Unrivaled antioxidant Astaxanthin—powerfully inhibits lipid peroxidation and demonstrates strong anti-inflammatory capacity, as well as boosting UV protection
- Beta Carotene from Carrot Resin—naturally converted into Vitamin A, which promotes wound healing and cellular turnover
- Mango Butter—moisturizing, UV protective, promotes cellular rejuvenation
- White Clay—the gentlest of clays to gently refine
- Calendula—an emollient that is healing, soothing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and helps to reduce acne.
The result leaves skin plump, glowing, and incredibly soft and smooth. This truly is a multi-functional product. Some of the many ways you can use it include as a:
- Moisturizer–Generously apply Sublime Balm all over the face, neck, and décolletage as a luxurious moisturizer that leaves skin with a hint of golden glow.
- Hydrating Mask–When skin is dry or delicate, apply a slightly thicker layer of Sublime Balm, and you have the ultimate nourishing, hydrating mask.
- Spa Luxury Mask—For the ultimate decadent spa experience, combine bright and creamy Sublime Balm with one of the Okoko Cosmétiques clay masks; add to Clay Face Mask La D’Tox Noire for the ultimate in nourishing detoxification or to Gentle Facial Treatment La Boue de Beauté for the ultimate brightening glow. This is one of my favorite ways to treat myself with Sublime Balm.
- Luxury Cleansing Balm—Use Sublime Balm as a lovely cleansing balm, washing it off with water or gently wiping it off, and it will leave skin soft and gently hydrated.
- Targeted Treatment—If do not need all-over hydration, you can use Sublime Balm as a potent anti-aging moisturizer on targeted areas that are dry and/or showing signs of age. For instance, I often use Sublime Balm as an eye cream, lip treatment, and neck cream.
- Ultimate Hydrating Hand Treatment—This is particularly effective if you have stubborn dry patches or rough areas you want to smooth.
Using the elevated Sublime Balm any of the ways above, the results are fantastic: supremely hydrating, smoothing, brightening, and rejuvenating. You will be amazed at how soft and touchable it makes your skin; the boosted Sublime Balm is without question the best skin-smoothing product I have ever tried. Nothing leaves the fine lines around and under my eyes so smooth and imperceptible as this new formula! My advice: get it while you can, because this beauty will go fast.
Sublime Balm Full Ingredients: *Mangifera Indica Seed Butter, **Garcinia Indica Seed Butter, Dilauryl Citrate, *Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, *Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Solanum Lycopersicum Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, *Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil, Aqua, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, *Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus/Salix Alba Bark Ferment Filtrate, Kaolin, *Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Sterols, Saccharum Officinarum Extract, *Citrus Sinensis Peel Oil Expressed, Allantoin, *Pogostemon Cablin Oil, *Pelargonium Graveolens Leaf Oil, *Citrus Aurantium Flower Oil, Bisabolol, Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract, ***Citrus Bergamia Peel Oil Expressed, *Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Extract, *Jasminum Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum Extract, *Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, D-Limonene, Linalol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Farnesol , Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate
* Certified Organic
** Wild Harvested
*** Bergamot fcf is free from bergapten – it has no photosensitizing effects
Dilauryl Citrate is a natural plant source, PEG-free, biodegradable emulsifier made from the esters of glycerin and fatty acids. This biodegradable emulsifier is certified by Ecocert.
If I am honest, I could always take or leave face oils. I liked them okay, and occasionally bought them, but I often forgot to apply them and never missed them—until I tried the newly elevated Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Les 16 Précieux. The boosted Les 16 Précieux is a gamechanger. For the first time, I consider a face oil indispensable. I can tell a dramatic difference when I use it; my skin is softer, smoother, less weathered, and less tired looking. Highly antioxidant and supremely regenerative, this beautiful blend has the added benefit of being suitable for every skin type, as Ms. Kokoroko carefully chose ingredients with low-comedogenicity for acne-prone skin and anti-inflammatory effects for sensitive skin. As someone with sensitive and acne-prone skin, I am so grateful for all the care Okoko Cosmétiques put into this formulation, because the boosted Les 16 Précieux leaves my skin calmer, clearer, and firmer! I am now a face oil convert, and if I only could, I would bathe in this new formula. Why? The elevated Radiance Serum & Face Oil is still a luxurious combination of 16 of the rarest and most beneficial oils and extracts, but everything about its effects has been taken to the next level. The new formula delivers remarkable anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-acne benefits thanks to the addition of three rare, cutting-edge new actives: Bakuchiol, Willow Bark Ferment, and Collageneer! Each of these actives is innovative and noteworthy; together they are astounding!
The newly elevated Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Les 16 Précieux is arguably the most potent and impressive anti-aging product available on the green or conventional marketplace. Let’s look at these incredible new actives, and you will see why!
- Bakuchiol, a more ideal, natural alternative to Retinol
- Retinol is a gold standard anti-aging active, but it frequently comes with adverse side effects that include irritation, skin sensitization, peeling, and teratogenicity (e.g., its use is not recommended during pregnancy), and photochemical instability. Enter Bakuchiol, a more ideal, natural alternative to Retinol.
- Natural: Bakuchiol is a potent antioxidant found in the seeds and leaves of the plant Psoralea Corylifolia.
- Anti-Aging Effects: Bakuchiol delivers the same age-reversing effects of Retinol without any of the side effects.
- The effects of Bakuchiol equal Retinol in significant improvement in lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, elasticity, firmness, and overall photodamage.
- Bakuchiol stimulates Collagen I, Collagen III, and Collagen IV at or above the level of Retinol.
- Anti-Acne Effects: Bakuchiol significantly reduces acne with better tolerability than Retinol.
- Bakuchiol is highly antioxidant and has excellent lipid peroxidation inhibitory activity.
- The active upregulates antioxidant activity and inhibits inflammation.
- High Tolerability: Unlike Retinol, Bakuchiol is devoid of side effects and safety issues.
- Bakuchiol is non-sensitizing, anti-inflammatory, and actually boosts skin hydration.
- While Retinol increases photosensitivity, Bakuchiol is clinically proven to protect skin from UV-induced damage.
- Dynamic Benefits for All Skin Types: The best of both worlds, with benefits for those who cannot and those who can tolerate Retinol.
- For sensitive skin, Bakuchiol offers an equally-effective, gentle, natural alternative to Retinol.
- For those who can tolerate Retinol, Bakuchiol has been shown to boost Retinol’s effectiveness.
- Willow Bark Ferment
- Fermentation biologically enhances this active, increasing the potency, efficacy, and antioxidant value of Willow Bark! You will see supercharged anti-acne, exfoliating, regenerative, and anti-inflammatory effects.
- White Lupin Extract (trade name: Collageneer®)
- Collageneer is a cutting-edge, botanical active extracted from the coatings of White Lupin Seeds. This natural ingredient offers a wide range of impressive anti-aging effects.
- White lupin extract is clinically-proven to:
- Stimulate high-quality collagen.
- Boost skin elasticity and firmness.
- Remodel facial contours, reducing sagging.
Other sumptuous ingredients in Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Les Précieux include:
- Prickly Pear Oil—the most precious of any oil, with the highest Vitamin E content as well, making it an excellent active to prevent signs of aging
- Pomegranate CO2 Extract—promotes skin regeneration, helps skin repair, improves elasticity
- Argan Oil–with its rich tocopherol, phenolic acid, carotenes, and essential fatty acids
- Squalane—an excellent moisturizer that replenishes skin lipids while softening and smoothing skin
- Marula Oil—Fair Trade Certified, raw, and unrefined from Africa, with potent antioxidants, nutrients, and essential fatty acids to nourish the skin, all with a light and quickly-absorbed texture
- Rosehip Oil—helps reduce the look of scars, age spots, and blemishes while minimizing signs of aging
- Carrot Resin—highly antioxidant skin rejuvenator and tonifier
- Baobab Oil—another quickly absorbed light oil that nourishes all skin types with rich levels of Vitamins A, E, and F
- Rosehip CO2 Extract—rich in vitamin C, providing brightening effects
- CoEnzyme Q10—helps prevent the signs of aging and smooth the look of lines
- Sea Buckthorn CO2 Extract– high natural tocopherols, carotenoids, and fatty acids and is useful for skin problems that require cell regeneration
Like all Okoko Cosmétiques products, Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Les 16 Précieux can be enjoyed in several ways including as a:
- Radiance Oil Serum—Apply a few drops to the face, neck, and décolletage for radiant hydration.
- Product Booster—Combine with serum or moisturizer for added hydration and glow—the ultimate dewy finish!
- Eye Treatment—Soothe, hydrate, and protect the delicate eye area with age-preserving luxury.
- Lip Treatment—Leave lips lush, soft, and plump with a few targeted drops.
- Hand Oil Treatment—Even many of us who are conscientious about our skincare frequently neglect to protect and care for our hands as we do our faces, so they may show some of our most significant signs of wear and aging. Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Les 16 Précieux is a luxurious way to brighten dullness and restore softness to hands.
- Lash and Brow Treatment—Use to nourish lashes and brows to support growth.
- Luxury Hair Serum—For the ultimate in softness and shine, you can use this on your locks. Apply as a pre-shampoo treatment or on damp hair before styling.
If you want to experience green beauty at its cutting-edge best—boosted through the use of innovative, natural actives that deliver unprecedented results—you must try the elevated Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Les 16 Précieux. For anyone who wants visible anti-aging results from natural skincare, look no further. This boosted formula takes high-performance to a new level. I consider it a must-have.
Radiance Serum & Youth Oil Full Ingredients: *Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, *Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Squalane, *Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, **Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, *Oenothera Biennis Oil, *Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Lecithin, *Persea Gratissima Oil, *Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, *Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Oil, *Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil, **Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Tocopherol, *Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil, *Punica Granatum Seed Extract, Bakuchiol, Ubiquinone, *Rosa Rubiginosa Fruit Extract, *Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, *Citrus Sinensis Peel Oil Expressed, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus/Salix Alba Bark Ferment Filtrate, *Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, *Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract, *Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, *Cinnamomum Camphora Bark Oil, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, *Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, D-Limonene, Linalol, Citral, Geraniol
* Certified Organic
** Wild Harvested