Rodan + Fields was founded by Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields, Stanford-trained and world-renowned dermatologists who are also the creators of Proactiv Solution. Their inspiration for creating and launching Rodan + Fields came from their desire to make dermatology-inspired, results-driven skincare available to all, without a trip to a dermatologist’s office. The line began as a department store brand and has transformed into a social commerce brand that enables Independent Consultants to launch their own businesses. As part of their mission, Drs. Rodan and Fields started–and encourage their Consultants to take part in–the Prescription for Change Foundation, which provides youth mentorship and empowerment programs.
Rodan + Fields specializes in taking the guesswork out of skin care by delivering Multi-Med™ Therapy, which ensures the right ingredients, in the right formulations, applied in the right order. That was instantly appealing to me. Their complete, fool-proof, clinically-researched regimens include: REDEFINE for the appearance of fine lines, pores, and loss of firmness; REVERSE for discoloration—dullness to age spots–and brightening; UNBLEMISH for acne; and SOOTHE. I had read raves about and was initially interested in REDEFINE, but then, remembering that the first step is to tame inflammation, I investigated the SOOTHE regimen and was really impressed by it as well.
I had the fortunate opportunity to try Rodan + Fields SOOTHE Regimen, and it did not disappoint. First, let me explain why Rodan + Fields regimens are so appealing: they are based on clinical research and consistently deliver uniquely impressive results. Indeed, a four-week independent clinical trial of participants with hyper-sensitive skin demonstrated that within five minutes of applying Rodan + Fields SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment, 56% of participants experienced lessened visible redness, 80% experienced decreased peeling, 79% experienced lessened dryness, and 78% experienced decreased irritation due to dry, cracked, or chapped skin (Rodan + Fields, Independent Clinical Trial, data on file). Again, this is the relief the treatment provides in five minutes! Perhaps only those of us who have suffered painfully dry or inflamed sensitive skin can truly know how valuable–and how rare–this kind of rapid-acting relief is.
I started the SOOTHE Regimen when my skin was seriously inflamed, and each of the four products felt soothing and nourishing even on highly irritated skin. Most products would have burned or stung my irritated skin, but every product in the SOOTHE regimen felt comforting on contact. Cleansing could have been painful and overly drying, yet it was gentle and hydrating with SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash. SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment is nothing less than a little miracle-worker lotion the way it calms angry skin. For painful dryness and compromised barrier, there’s the nourishing, moisture-barrier-restoring SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream. Sensitive skin requires SPF protection, and the SOOTHE regimen delivers a fragrance-free, all-mineral solution in SOOTHE Mineral Sunscreen.
Used in combination, the SOOTHE regimen delivered rapid relief, and to my great delight, visibly calmed my skin on application. The results were beyond my expectations. Here’s the inside scoop and my take on each of the four products in the regimen.
· Gentle Cream Wash is a creamy, hydrating cleanser that hits all the right notes for anyone with sensitive, irritated, or dry skin.
o Gentle Cream Wash gently yet effectively cleans skin of impurities
o Does not leave skin dry, tight, or stripped
o Leaves skin lightly moisturized with essential ceramides that support barrier function
§ INGREDIENTS: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Propanediol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Isostearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol Cocate, Ethylcellulose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Aminomethyl Propanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Ceramide NP (Ceramide 3), Ceramide AP (Ceramide 6 II), Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Carbomer, Ceramide EOP (Ceramide I)
· Sensitive Skin Treatment is a hydrating, skin-calming, miracle-worker lotion. A must-have from the SOOTHE Regimen, Sensitive Skin Treatment is incredibly effective, and you start to see (and feel!) results the minute you apply it. Sensitive Skin Treatment is a real hero product for anyone with sensitive skin.
o Clinically proven to rapidly relieve irritation
o Delivers a soothing sensation to hypersensitive, inflamed skin—feels wonderful on contact
o Contains allantoin and dimethicone to relieve dryness and boost the skin’s barrier
o Optical filters immediately and effectively reduce visible irritation and redness
o Features nourishing and soothing ingredients like soybean germ extract, sunflower seed oil, lineolic acid, bisabiol, Chinese angelica, honey extract, chamomile.
o Sensitive Skin Treatment delivers exclusive—and amazingly effective—RFp3 peptide technology to rapidly calm and help heal skin while reversing visible signs of irritation
§ RFp3 peptide technology is a proprietary combination of two peptides and a protease inhibitor that work at the skin’s surface to neutralize triggers and pacify skin. RFp3 works well in combination with SOOTHE Mineral Sunscreen to shield against the biological and environmental aggressors associated with skin irritation.
· ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Allantoin 0.5% and Dimethicone 2.9% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Butylene Glycol, Mica (CI 77019), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, PEG-40 Stearate, Phospholipids, Polysilicone-11, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Linoleic Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Bisabolol, Lysolecithin, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Honey Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Tetrapeptide-16, Tranexamic Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Oligopeptide-10, Hexylene Glycol, Tropolone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol
· My skin is parched, and I live in the desert, so I really put moisturizers to the test; Moisture Replenishing Cream passes with flying colors. It’s exceptionally hydrating, nourishing, and comforting as well.
o Hydrates, replenishes, and provides instant relief to dry skin and includes fantastic ingredients like echium oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, urea, and chamomile.
o Utilizes RF COLD FISSION technology to replenish skin’s essential natural moisturizing factors without use of traditional (possibly irritating) emuslifiers
§ RF COLD FISSION™ is a patent-pending formulation process that eliminates the need for traditional emulsifying ingredients that may aggravate sensitive skin. The result—an elegant, creamy moisturizer that is ideal for sensitive skin.
· INGREDIENTS: Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/ VP Copolymer, Carnitine, Pichia Anomala Extract, Canola Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Urea, Triacetin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Carbomer, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, BHT, Sodium Hydroxide
· Mineral Sunscreen provides road spectrum SPF 30, water-resistant protection. I love that this sunscreen contains such a high percentage of zinc oxide, my favorite sunscreen ingredient.
o Not only does it offer great physical sun protection with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, it also delivers additional skin benefits with dimethicone, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, sodium PCA, licorice root extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tea extract, and vitamin E!
o Soothes and minimizes irritation and redness while it prevents skin damage.
o Uses only mineral sunscreen ingredients in its soothing, hydrating formula to protect skin without drying or compromising the delicate moisture barrier of sensitive skin.
§ ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide 2%, Zinc Oxide 12% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Methicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Sodium PCA, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Methicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol
The Rodan + Fields SOOTHE Regimen delivered both immediate and long-term, lasting relief to my sensitive skin’s dryness, redness, and burning. After using the regimen for a few weeks, my skin was more comfortable, even, soft, and hydrated than it had been in ages. My skin looked so good that for once I felt comfortable without concealer! Once my skin calmed down, I put the SOOTHE regimen to yet another challenge by introducing some anti-aging products that would normally irritate my skin to see what would happen. . . and for the first time I was able to tolerate these normally-irritating products without any adverse reaction. Note: I do not suggest that anyone else try to irritate their skin on purpose, just know from my experience that Rodan + Fields SOOTHE Regimen has been put to the test and is exceptionally effective. You don’t have to take my word for it, because I documented my improvement in pictures. Below you will see the improvement the SOOTHE Regimen delivered the very first night I used it. Yes, I saw incredible results within hours!
|Before R + F SOOTHE|
|After 1 Night of R +F SOOTHE|
Based on my experience, the SOOTHE Regimen is fantastic for anyone dealing with sensitivity or irritation. I had never used Rodan + Fields before, and despite the fact that the formulas looked promising, I have to say that this regimen blew my expectations out of the water. SOOTHE stands out as a for having delivered visible improvement to my skin irritation and redness upon application as well as dramatic improvement overnight. I highly recommend this as a soothing option for irritated, sensitive, or compromised skin.